Sunday, January 25, 2009

One more reason to blog: something to live for

Zachary Paul Sire -- whose blog Sire Says is great because he links to me in his blogroll -- has been blogging from the hospital:

I see Althouse has a post up referencing this post, and her thoughtful words got me thinking about why I whipped out my camera phone in the ER.

Well, I really did think I was going to die. The doctor told me I had a ruptured spleen and was bleeding internally, but then he walked away and said he'd "back in a few." The hell?! How can you say that and just walk away?

Anyway, as freaked out as I was, the one thing that made me happy (I laughed out loud as I was doing it, actually) was to take out my phone and start taking pictures of myself, knowing that this was bloggable material. And if I told myself that I would have something interesting to blog about, that I had something to look forward to, and that I still had something to write, then there was absolutely no reason to die.

That's as important as blogging for a good career, right?

1 comments:

Zachary Sire said...

Thanks for linking to me..and now I'm commenting on your comment about your post about my post!